Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Road to Karachi

I just finished "The Road to Karachi", a novel by Kuwaiti novelist Haithem Boodai. It is the story of a group of Kuwaiti sailors that face aroller wave while at sea...
The plot of the story was good...but the characters weren't developed so much. The translation was very bad...there were so many mistakes but you could get pretty much everything. If you maybe buy the Arabic version it would be different. To put it in a couple of words: If you've time to kill go ahead and read it.
It does give you an insight of what our grandfathers mighthave faced on those challenging sea quests, and there were also some good descriptions of the rice plantations in India.....
I will now go on to reading the compiled short stories from the same writer and I'll tell you about that when I'm done.

5 comments:

AnGeL said...

hmmm....i think i won't read it after all....
let me know about the other one ;)

Anonymous said...

I am with angel. It doesn't interest me. I think the compiled short stories are better.

F. said...

Angel and Cece: Yeah, well I'll keep you updated on 'The Palms'

Dakhtour said...

I prefer reading Harry potter and The goblet of Fire again than reading about Kuwaiti Sailors facing some waves :)

I hate sea and everything about it, But i'm with u by killing the time reading some books ;)

F. said...

Zizo: Hehe, I love Harry Potter too :P