Monday, August 14, 2006

Street Musicians



They play in the street, at the corner, round the bend. In the rain or under the sun, they strum their strings, they beat their drums. They sway their bows across their hearts, they sing, they do their thing. People pass by, most hear but they don't listen. I take a moment and sit by the curb and I try to figure out what the musicians are trying to say. I hear no words but I feel the meanings coming to me within the music. Sometimes I feel hope, sometimes it's fear or remorse, other times it's love but most of all it's just pure passion. I hear it in their music, I see it in their eyes, and I feel it in my soul. I find that I have so much respect for these people and how they can say so much without saying anything at all. I put a penny in their box knowing that I will never need words to understand what they are saying. Music is the language that they use.

10 comments:

AnGeL said...

I JUST LOVED THIS POST :)

Anonymous said...

Nice and lovely words. I love the colorful pictures, just like how music is so colorful.

Anonymous said...

A Bottle In The Sea!
I know that it's hopeless to write this down, but it would be so great to find what I'm looking for!
Here it goes;

I'm looking for an adult male pure breed West Highland White Terrier.

If you have one, or know someone who has one, or know someone who could help me to find one, I'll be interested in buying it!

So could you all please spread this?

I know that it's a rare breed in Kuwait, but I would love to have it, fix your price!

P.S In case you don't know how it looks like just Google it!

Dakhtour said...

Music is in our souls these days... Can't live without it :)

Anonymous said...

zizotime: Totally am with you!

F. said...

Hey all...
Thanks for the great feedback..
Cece: Yes I agree music is very colourful
B.I.E:..O.K!
Zizo and cece: Thats so true! I love music!

Bella Color said...

ooooh... i luv it when im in a foreign land and i hear ppl sing in their language...

Music sometime can give u the chills!

Its hard to live without music :)

Lovely post :o)

F. said...

Bella: Hey sweety!
Yeah...every song, every word, every feeling opens a new window...its just an eternity of surprises!

Anonymous said...

Great Post, here's a cool piece about Street Musicians around the World you might enjoy.
http://musicnation.musicnation.com/blog/2008/02/street-musicians-part-ii

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?