Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just a Little Something...

This is just a little something I wrote the other day. It is based on a dream I had earlier on this month. I'd appreciate your comments on my writing, here goes:

I was walking down the road and it happened in a flash. There was no sound at all, no one was around. The bullets came at me so slowly, I could see them with my eyes but I can't do anything to stop them coming my way. They enter my body one by one, cutting into my flesh and burying themselves within me. I could feel them inside me, hot but cold at the same time. At first there was no pain, no pain at all, just silence and I couldn't believe what had happened. It must be a mistake. I must move on and get home but my feet won't move an inch. I look around, I look for help but I am alone with this body that feels less like my own with each second that passes. This body pierced with bullets. I look down at my shirt, it is stained with blood, blood so dark, so hot. I lift my shirt up to examine the wounds. They don't look so bad, just bloody holes in a cold body. A searing pain shoots right through me, it reaches every nerve in me, every single one. I finally feel the pain. It's so unbearable, I fall to the hard wet ground. I finally feel the pain but somehow it gives me a sense of comfort deep inside. I am somehow watching myself lying on the ground, in that dark road, all alone, with no one around. How is this happening? Why is this happening? It doesn't matter, a voice within me says, it is finally over. I won't have to feel anything anymore, because your bullets drained me of my blood, they drained me of my soul, they drained me of my life.

4 comments:

Transparently said...

Interesting write. Great description, could use a tense change in some areas. Intense.

F. said...

Hey Transparently! Welcome to my blog :) Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Please come back again :)

Your Battlefield said...

beautiful...heartfelt...deep...vivid description...your a talented writer...i personally am longing to read more of what you write. keep it up!

F. said...

OMG Your Battlefield! Thankyou! I didn't think I was that good, I mean I've only just started writing things down...it all used to just swim around in my head :) Anyway, after such an encouraging boost I'll make sure I put more stuff in writing. Thankyou so much!