Saturday, July 22, 2006

حكومة الكترونية -Electronic Government

I don't know where to start! I am just so pissed off at the "system" they use in this country. Where on Earth does a procedure (mu3amala) so simple like producing a licence take three days to get done? The same day I passed my driving test my daddy took my papers and my pictures to get the stuff done. He called me a while later and said that they will not accept the pictures because the new machine they have installed (in order to be up to date in the use of modern technology) which scans licence photos does not accept pictures that do not have a blue background!!! (GRRRR!) My dad came home steaming at the ears (due to the weather and the idiocy of "the system") and I don't blame him for that matter and we decided to go take new pictures (with a blue background) the next day.
We did just that and when my dad took them the following working day..yes..you guessed it, they sent him back home with no licence! Their excuse this time was first that the pictures were too small and then that I wasn't facing forward properly....Might I add that these problems exist only because of the installation of this goddamn device and that they take around 40 KD stamps to do their jobs terribly....I'm not a swearing person so I hope you can guess why I keep using ..... ! Now I have to go to them in the muroor place and they'll have my picture taken there, in the morning, with puffy eyes and a bad temper. Is this just my luck or is it a result of Kuwaits failing attempts at becoming an electronic government? Does this happen to you too?

No comments: