Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hello...I have just come back from my driving test and I passed!!! I should probably be jumping for joy now but I'm just slouching on my favourite couch :S It's not that I'm not happy or anything, I am..I'm glad that I passed and that I'll be out driving soon but the experience itself was so ridiculous and silly. Here is what happened:
I did the written test, easy-peasy lemon-squeezy...then I had it corrected and the police-man signed the istimara and said to go get a car and go to lane 3 in the driving test...O-K! I got a car and did just that. The first part of the test apparantly was the parking test..I watched the little cars bump into the pavements and the barriers as I waited for my turn :) When it was finally my turn and after I reversed perfectly (in my opinion :P ) I heard someone shout something but I couldn't quite make out the words. I looked outside my window and realised that the police-man was talking to me. He asked what my name was and I told him, and he was like: "7ayach Allah oboy, tfathilay."
Huh! What?! Excuse me??!! What, is it over? I didn't do anything! I drove out and I headed to the waiting room and after a while the police-man came with a handful of OK-ed istimaras, on of which was mine..."NAJ7A" it said. End of story.
Just to make things clear...I went without a wa96a...I went with my humble daddy alone, although I could have brought along a trail of officer relatives but I am totally against wa96a so I didnt. So I'm baffled, I am dumbfounded...I don't get it...why the special treatment? What if I drove like a drunkard? How could they give licenses to people like that..without a real test?!
I'm glad I can get a license now..and I will accept it because I know that if I had been tested accordingly I would have passed...They should test everyone properly..this is just not right...no wonder there are so many lunatics on the streets!!!

7 comments:

The Stallion said...

Mabrook!

Congrats on passing the test!

Anonymous said...

COngRAts. amiga. n 4 me HUH! when i did the test the officer didn't even bother 2 c how am i doin'! he toLd me to park, i did it without him watching me n i think it was good, oh n did i mention that he was screaming mn 9ba7aLLaaah 5air ;S eLmohim i faiLed not beacuse i did it wrong bas i don't know wat was his probLem, basicaLLy the probLem was that i didn't have wa96a, cuz my cuzinz said that am not gonna pass unLess i have wa96a o i haven't ;( next try wa96ti jidami ;p n i passed o that wasn't the onLy thing, sam3ouni kaLam 7Lo o 7achi em9af9af Like; haLa, 9ba7 eL5air tefathLay o 7ayach aLLaah, mabrouk o .......... o ....... etc. :p it's such a shame in this country that u need ur wa96az more than u skiLLz ;(

Delicately Realistic said...

Wow theres a written test now? I didnt get one....or did? Hmmm i dont remember...i think i had a verbal test...or did i? Oh my God my memory sucks.

AnGeL said...

LOL that's exactly what i did, and i didn't bring wa96a too, the old police man said that i looked like his little girl, he even called me by her name lol......i went farward an backward and then he told me to leave ;p.....i went there with my dad who couldn't beleive i passed, he went and checked again with the guy just to make sure i actually passed lol ;p

my mom didn't beleive me too lol ;p

well done and welcom to the parking hunting club ;)

No3iK said...

mabrooook :)
proud of u ;)

Anonymous said...

Mabrooooook !
I think u did a gr8 job even though u just drove half a 9af6a ;P
I'm glad u didn't use wa96a even though it's available...
I knew u could of done without it! ;)

F. said...

Minnie: Thanks gurls and hope to see you here again

Stallion: Hey Stallion, nice to see you.. o Allah ybarik feek ;)

Leftie: Thanks amiga..and yes it is sad that wa96a tops skill here (sob)

Delicately Realistic: The written test is pathetic..your teacher gives you a booklet with 24 sample tests and you get one of them on your test...

Angel: Parking slot hunting it is then :P

No3ik: Thanx a million XD

Shabeeha #1: 7abeebti wallah o I promise to take you out sometime..if you're good :)