Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Jacket


I saw "The Jacket" the other day. Its the story of a war veteran who gets shot twice in the head and suffers temporary amnesia. As a result he is the only wittness ina murder crime and is put in a hospital for the criminally insane. Strapped in a straight jacket as a new treatment method he travels to the future and discovers ways to help his loved ones.
It was a nice psycho-thriller movie...A little confusing at first but it wraps up nicely so you get pretty much all of it in the end. I'd give it 6.9
If you like this type of movie (and Adrien Brody/Keira Knightly) its the movie for you

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like my type of movie. Will definately watch it! Thanks.

Ummm but wait... How can he be shot in the head twice and be not dead?

F. said...

Well..that question is relevant because you ask yourself that while watching: Is he dead? and if my memory serves me right, one of the first lines of the movie Brody says: "The first time I died was..." It's great, watch it! :)
Nice of you to pass by...don't make this visit your last ;)

AnGeL said...

i think i have this movie, my sister told me about it once and she didn't like it, she didn't even finish it, but i guess i can't trust her taste in movies, after all she normaly watches a movie for 3 or 4 times to like it... ;p i think i'll give it a try some time :)

F. said...

Yeah you should...A good way to decide whether you'll watch a movie or skip it is to go to imdb.com and see the reviews, comments and ratings and stuff and ofcoarse feedback from people who have already seen it...Anything I'm interested in that has a rating of 6 and above I must see!